ing. Jana Dvořáková
Masarykův ústav a Archiv AV ČRGabčíkova 2362/10
+420 286 010 543
The Masaryk Institute and Archive of the CAS Library is publicly accessible and comprises two separate libraries.
The library of the formerly separate ASCR/CAS Masaryk Institute, which looks after the original fonds of the Masaryk Library and the new fonds that have been built up since 1995, is based at Gabčíkova 10, Prague 8.
Books can be ordered for in-house study with ing. Jana Dvořáková. More on the library.
Masaryk Institute Library opening hours
Po: 8:30 – 15:00
St: 8:00 – 12:00
Čt: 8:00 – 12:00
The following are available for in-house study:
documents from the original T. G. Masaryk Institute Library fonds:
- books and other independently published works by Tomáš G. Masaryk and Edvard Beneš
- books and other independently published works on the life and work of Tomáš G. Masaryk and Edvard Beneš
- o original fonds a representative selection of Czech and Slovak journals,
- historical anthologies and gazettes (end of the 19th and beginning of 20th century and First Czechoslovak Republic, with overlapping in individual cases)
- a selection of contemporary specialist periodicals (19th and 20th century)
documents from reference libraries current book production:
- life and work of T. G. Masaryk
- life and work of Edvard Beneš
- the history of the Czech Lands and Czechoslovakia 1848-1948
- encyclopedic dictionaries
- The Masaryk Institute Library provides the CAS Czech Literature Institute journal as for scanning; individual years are available in digitized form.
The CAS Archive Library is housed at Gabčíkova 6362/10.
Orders can be made with PhDr. Irena Kraitlová or in person during visits to the Reading Room.CAS Archive Library opening hours
Tue: 8,30 - 16,00
Wend: 8,30 - 14,00
Fri: 8,00 - 12,00